Grand Rapids Asphalt Specialists knows that there are many time and cost saving benefits to seal coating your commercial or residential asphalt. The definition of Sealcoating according to the dictionary is “the application of a sealing coat to a paved surface in order to prolong its integrity”. This process can extend the life of your asphalt by providing protection from harmful UV rays and damaging chemicals. When sealed properly it will protect your asphalt from oxidation and deterioration that causes the asphalt to become brittle. Seal coating protects your investment by maximizing the life of an important piece of your commercial or residential property.
- Initially, your driveway or parking lot will receive a thorough cleaning. This will allow the asphalt sealer to adhere properly.
- Cracks will be sealed to keep out water and prevent further damage. Hot rubber crack sealer is applied at extremely high temperatures to get deep into the crack. As the rubber cools, it solidifies, but stays flexible so it can expand and contract with the thermal movements of the asphalt.
- Commercial lots receive 2 coats of asphalt sealant that are applied over the entire asphalt area at separate times on the same day, giving it a “rich” flat black appearance. Residential blacktop driveways receive a single heavy coat of asphalt sealant applied over the entire asphalt area the same day.
- The Sealcoating will seal the porous surface of the asphalt. Once dried (average of 24 hours), it forms a tough, protective layer that protects your pavement from the elements and keeps the surface looking new.
We do the job right the first time so you don’t have to worry about faulty work or having to repeat the process sooner than needed. Grand Rapids Asphalt Specialists can give your parking lot that fresh new look that is attractive and safe for your customers. Whether you’re in Jenison, Wyoming, Grand Haven, or anywhere in the West Michigan Area we can help you get the quality protection you need for your parking lot, drives, or walkways.
A great job starts with a great product. We use Safe Seal, which is a heavy duty, protective sealcoat that extends the service life of asphalt concrete pavements. It stops the damaging effect of petroleum derivatives, the drying effect of the sun, oxidation, and water. Safe Seal is a high solids Asphalt, NON-coal tar, and eco-friendly formula. After curing, it forms a seal of AE fortified with inert mineral fillers.
Safe Seal must be applied to sound pavements within favorable weather limitations. Condition, texture, age, and porosity will affect application specifications and coverage ratios. Silica sand can be added when increased traction is required. Here are some of the many applications that Safe Seal can be used for:
- Play areas,
- Parking stalls
- Basketball/tennis courts
- Curbs and gutters, etc.
- Parking lots
- Airfield and highway shoulders
- Bridge decks
- Gasoline station aprons
Safe Seal is the highest quality of Sealants on the market today and that is why we use it for our primary sealing material. Based on the area needing the sealant it may take one, two, or three coats. Complete Application Specification & MSDS sheets available upon request.
Manufactured by: SafeSealofMichigan.com